Establishment of WiFi system for Danang city (DNG12).
Country: Viet Nam
Project: ICT DEVELOPMENT PROJECT, DANANG SUBPROJECT
Financing: World Bank
Abstract: ESTABLISHMENT OF WIFI SYSTEM FOR DANANG CITY
Sector: Information Technology
Loan/Credit Number: Credit No. 4116-VN, Project Id: P079344
Contract/Bid Number: Invitation for Bids (IFB), Contract
Deadline: 10 January 2012
1. This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online on September 22nd, 2011.
2. The Socialist Republic of Vietnam has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Vietnam Information Communication Technology Development Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the agreement(s) resulting from this IFB: Establishment of Public Wifi System for Danang City.
3. The Danang PIU of Vietnam ICT Development Project serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders Establishment of Public Wifi System for Danang City. The implementation period is six (06) months.
4. Bidding will be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines, May 2004: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all Bidders eligible as defined in these Guidelines. The minimum qualification requirements are as follows:
1.1 Bidder (the lead partner in case of a joint-venture) must demonstrate at least 05 years' continuous engagement in the business of supplying and installing information and communications technologies (ICT).
1.2 Bidder has successfully completed at least 02 contracts in the last five years in establishment of wifi systems or telecommunication systems with each contract of at least USD 300,000 in value. The lead partner must have led at least one of the above-mentioned two contracts.
(2) Manufacturing and business capabilities:
Bidder will undertake to establish branches or representative offices for technical support in Danang City, if they do not already have one or demonstrate a clear plan for the establishment of such facilities should they be awarded a contract.
(3) Financial Capability
3.1 Average annual turnover in the last recent 3 years for which audited financial statement available not less than USD 0.5 million. This must be demonstrated by submission of financial statements that have been audited or certified by an authorized agency in accordance with the laws of the country where the bidder registered its business.
3.2 To demonstrate evidence of the firm's liquidity, in form of cash flow, liquid assets and/or credit lines net of other ongoing commitments at the minimum required amount of USD 0.5 million.
Notes: For Financial Capability, the lead partner in the JV must meet 50 per cent of the requirements.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Danang PIU and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 08:00 to 11:00 hours and from 14:00 to 17:00 hours, on regular working weekdays, starting from 10 November, 2011. A pre-bid meeting which potential bidders may attend will be held at 09AM on 25 November, 2011.
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested Bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of USD 100 (One hundred US Dollar). The method of payment will be in cash or by transfer to USD Account No: 5611037 0054329 Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV), Danang Branch. The document may be directly collected at the address given below or sent by courier upon specific written request for overseas by the bidder. Danang PIU will not be responsible for any loss or late receipt of bidding documents.
7. Bids must be submitted to the address below at or before 09.AM. on 10 January 2012. Bids need to be secured by a Bid Security. The amount of Bid Security required is US$20,000 (Twenty thousand US Dollars) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders' representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 09.AM. on 10 January 2012.
8. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software is either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded World Bank-financed contracts.
Contact: Danang PIU of the Danang ICT Development Project.
Attention: Mr. Nguyen Hoai Thanh.
Danang PIU's Office, Floor 2, 15 Quang Trung, Hai Chau.
Danang City, Viet Nam.
Tel: (84-511) 384-0689.
Fax: (84-511) 384-0859.
|Back||Share by Email|